Make a difference
Women’s Empowerment Series has a variety of volunteer opportunities available for individuals and groups. We rely on volunteers to help us bring our mission to life and to serve women in the greater Fond du Lac area. Take a look at the variety of opportunities that we have available below or contact us to find out more.
Apply to be a volunteer
Become a Mentor
The Women’s Empowerment Series is seeking peer mentors for the upcoming Series. It is a 6-month commitment that includes 12 weeks of classes and building on the relationship after those classes are over. We pair local women who are looking for personal growth or have struggled with issues like domestic violence, substance abuse, grief, or trauma with a hand-picked mentor to accompany them through the Series. The weekly classes can be emotionally taxing so the role of our mentors is to guide, support, and create a long-lasting relationship with their mentees.
- 18 years or older and able to pass a background check
- Compassionate, respectful, and strong communication skills
- Ability to support your mentee the same way that you would support a friend
- Ability to stay neutral and not take sides
- Willingness to remain in contact with the mentee after graduation, if agreed upon by both parties
Also now accepting Youth Mentors who will be High School Seniors in the 2022-2023 school year! Fill out the application to see if you qualify!
Become a Speaker
Being a Women’s Empowerment Series speaker is an amazing opportunity to offer insight and advice to the women, children, and volunteers we serve! Through a variety of classes, we feature a spectrum of topics and focuses. If you are inspired to speak on a topic you believe would benefit our participants, or you are interested in speaking at a specific program we offer, please fill out the forms below!
- Mental or physical health
- Healthy relationships and codependency
- Wellness and safety
- Surviving a collective trama or trama informed parenting
- Art therapy or music therapy
- Career readiness or exploring different career paths
- Community connections and resources
Join a committee
Join a committee
We are looking for committee members in the following committees:
- Events (fundraiser and special events)
- Volunteer and outreach
- Fund Development
Team or community group volunteering opportunities
We also have a variety of group volunteering opportunities for businesses and organizations. Some of these opportunities include event assistance, preparing and serving a meal or assisting with the graduation makeover (stylists and make-up artists).