Make a difference
We EmpowHER has a variety of volunteer opportunities available for individuals and groups. We rely on volunteers to help us bring our mission to life and to serve women in the greater Fond du Lac area. Take a look at the variety of opportunities that we have available below or contact us to find out more.
Apply to be a volunteer
APPLY TO BE A MENTOR
Become a Mentor
The Women’s Empowerment Series is seeking peer mentors for the upcoming Series. It is a 6-month commitment that includes 12 weeks of classes and building on the relationship after those classes are over. We pair local women who are looking for personal growth or have struggled with issues like domestic violence, substance abuse, grief, or trauma with a hand-picked mentor to accompany them through the Women’s Empowerment Series. The weekly classes can be emotionally taxing so the role of our mentors is to guide, support, and create a long-lasting relationship with their mentees.
- 18 years or older and able to pass a background check
- Compassionate, respectful, and strong communication skills
- Ability to support your mentee the same way that you would support a friend
- Ability to stay neutral and not take sides
- Willingness to remain in contact with the mentee after graduation, if agreed upon by both parties
Mentor applications will open Summer 2023. Stay tuned for more details!
Join a committee
Join a committee
We are looking for committee members in the following committees:
- Special Events
- Communication and Marketing
- Fund Development & Grants
Team or community group volunteering opportunities
We also have a variety of group volunteering opportunities for businesses and organizations. Some of these opportunities include event assistance, preparing and serving a meal or assisting with the graduation makeover (stylists and make-up artists).